When competing in the Tour, it is important that you have read and understand our competition rules as well as the terms stated on this page.
- All our main races are eligible events to earn points.
- Total earned points after the season will used as basis for the Toughest Championship qualification. Although participating in more than one race is not required, it will increase your chances of improving your points.
- Top 20 (Male/Female) will be given a spot in the Toughest Championship race.
- Only the Elite class is part of the Tour. Qualifiers are not part of the Tour.
- To become Toughest Champion and/or stand on the podium, you must participate in and finish the Toughest Championship race.
- It is required to participate in the prize ceremony if you finish among the top three. This applies to all our main races, including the Toughest Championship race.
- The Elite must attend to the pre-race meeting, held 30 minutes before the Elite male start.
- All tour participants are required to use a dedicated Tour vest which will be ordered during registration. The vest must be used during the entire race, on all races. Without a valid Tour vest you will not be allowed to participate.
- Points can be earned in all main races in the Toughest Tour.
- Points are reset after each season.
- Points are earned according to the point system described on this page.
- Only Elite and Qualifier athletes are eligible for earning points. Although Qualifiers are not part of the Tour, they may “steal” points from the Elite and thereby earn a spot in the Elite the following season.
|#01: 100p||#02: 95p||#03: 90p||#04: 85p||#05: 80p|
|#06: 75p||#07: 70p||#08: 65p||#09: 60p||#10: 55p|
|#11: 50p||#12: 45p||#13: 40p||#14: 35p||#15: 30p|
|#16: 25p||#17: 20p||#18: 15p||#19: 10p||#20: 5p|
- The top 20 Elite athletes in each class (male/female) with the most tour points will be offered a spot in the Toughest Championship race.
- Athletes eligible for the Toughest Championship race will be contacted after the season has ended.
- All championship athletes in their respective class (male/female) start at the same time (No chase start!).
- First athlete to cross the finish line will be crowned Toughest Champion.
- All athletes participating in the Tour are required to keep up to date with the general competition rules as well as the specific Tour rules.
- Toughest reserves the right ot disqualify and suspend athletes in case of any rule breach.
- The race management reserves the right to disqualify participants. Eventual rule breaches are judged in collaboration with course staff and timing partners. Any disqualification will be announced within 60 minutes after the last finish.
- Film/Photo material to be used as basis for athlete disqualification must be submitted to the race management within 72 hours after the race. In such case, the material will be reviewed and the athlete will be notified if disqualification is applicable.
Read more about applicable competition rules via the links below.Competition rules Tour rules