Deviation from the rules leads to disqualification from the Elite/Toughest TOUR. At lesser deviations from the rules the participant can finish the race but the result will not count.
Greater deviations from the rules can lead to volunteers calling the participant out off the race course and that must be obeyed. Violations that are seen as deliberate cheating can render suspension from the whole Toughest Tour. Specific Tour rules can be found here.
Every obstacle MUST be overcome in appointed way. There are race volunteers around the course and their instructions MUST be followed.
At several obstacles there are penalty rounds. They are executed if one of following scenarios happen
1) a participant chooses to not finish/start an obstacle and instead chooses the penalty round.
2) a participant starts an obstacle but fails to finish it according to the rules set and is thereby granted a penalty round. Evaluation from a race volunteer is always the standard. Eventual protests can be handed in afterwards but reference must follow in order to be noted.
NB! Before the penalty round is commenced the obstacle has to be touched.
NB! For the Elite. All obstacles has to be commenced and a wholehearted try on the obstacle is a requirement. You can race in the Elite without making all obstacles but it is a requirement to try to finish the whole course and all obstacles. Any athlete who is seen to deviate from this risks being disqualified.
At some obstacles there is a so called ”Fast Lane”. This is another possibility for the participant to earn some time by completing a more advanced route over selected obstacles. These obstacles are clearly marked with ”Fast Lane” and the race volunteers will give guidance on spot. One of the following scenarios will occur at these obstacles.
1) The participant chooses ”Fast Lane” makes it and gets a short cut through the course (Skips a few extra obstacles).
2) The participant chooses ”Fast Lane” but fails – penalty round follows and continues to run on the ordinary course.
3) The participant chooses the regular way through the obstacle, makes it and continues to run on the ordinary course.
4) The participant chooses the regular way but fails – penalty round follows and continues to run on the ordinary course.
5) The participant chooses to not do the obstacle – penalty round follows and continues to run on the ordinary course.
One Try Only
At some obstacles there is ”One Try Only”. This is there to avoid lines of queues. These obstacles are clearly marked with ”One Try Only” and the race volunteers guide on spot. At these obstacles every participant gets one try, thereafter penalty round follows.
NB! During 2017 the Elite heat (women and men) will be filmed around the whole course and even cheating that is caught on film can form the basis for disqualification.